• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Cool New Free Excel Based Forecasting Tool

Great tool. Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind I'll share it with my WFO and my Air Force weather unit.

No problem. It's been shared through several WFOs already...though not really my own yet. :) I've shown it to most everyone, but havent really made it accessible. I need to do that.

No problem. It's been shared through several WFOs already...though not really my own yet. :) I've shown it to most everyone, but havent really made it accessible. I need to do that.

What? Your SOO doesn't know about this yet? Get that award! lol ;)

Is anyone using OpenOffice with this? I can't seem to get it to work.

I mean, it will open and I can see all tabs but the data just never downloads. (I've clicked Load Data with the default Site ID it came with, it just sits there blank)

Is there another free software like OpenOffice that someone can recommend? thanks!

Is anyone using OpenOffice with this? I can't seem to get it to work.

I mean, it will open and I can see all tabs but the data just never downloads. (I've clicked Load Data with the default Site ID it came with, it just sits there blank)

Is there another free software like OpenOffice that someone can recommend? thanks!

It does not currently work with OpenOffice. I dont have OpenOffice, so I'm not sure how macro intensive it is. At some point I may be able to test it out with a version of OO, but unfortunately at this point it isn't compatible.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent :) - just sent this to all of our local stations

Thanks. :) One of my friends is actually in that group and told me that you did. I got around 30 downloads that day. Otherwise would have probably had around 10.

• 11 months later...

I want to figure out a way to run the forecast sheet on a Mac. I was thinking about buying the software to run Windows on a Mac. I would then get Microsoft Office for windows. Crossing my fingers it works... Has anyone tried this? Any other solutions?

I want to figure out a way to run the forecast sheet on a Mac. I was thinking about buying the software to run Windows on a Mac. I would then get Microsoft Office for windows. Crossing my fingers it works... Has anyone tried this? Any other solutions?

They make excel for mac....http://www.microsoft.com/mac/excel

And there's always Open office (http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/) or LibreOffice (http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?nodetect)

Andrew, I promise I'll work on it!  There's another feature I've been considering adding too.  Maybe I'll tackle them both soon!

Thanks WxChick!.. hm8, have you tried running the program on excel for a mac?  Also, somewhat off subject, does anyone use parallels or fusion to run windows on a mac. I am trying to decide which one to go with.... I am looking forward to using GRLevel3 and bufkit from home!

Thanks WxChick!.. hm8, have you tried running the program on excel for a mac?  Also, somewhat off subject, does anyone use parallels or fusion to run windows on a mac. I am trying to decide which one to go with.... I am looking forward to using GRLevel3 and bufkit from home!

It indeed does not work on Excel for Mac (my version is 2011).  The macros need to be coded specifically for Mac so those for the Wintel environment will not work.

Regarding virtual, I use VMWare Fusion 5.0.2 and it works great.  If you share the file across from, say, your Mac desktop, it is a bit flakey but if you drag it to the Windows virtual desktop, it, and other Windows apps, work great.

Thanks to WxChick for the fantastic tool.  I thought my rolled-up Service/Administration budget spreadsheets were a thing of beauty.  This thing puts them to shame...

Archived