• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New App: Weather Underground for Android

Symblized

I've installed. Seems simple enough. I think I might still like WeatherBug better though.

Review courtesy of Android Central. More, including video review, at the link:

http://www.androidce...rground-android

The main view is a nicely laid out three-panel screen. The top section shows the current temperature, "feels like" temp, wind speed and direction, humidity and a thumbnail image of what it's like outside. Tap it and you'll get the current dewpoint, visibility, pressure (in inches), wind gusts, GPS coordinates, and when the conditions were last updated. Tap it a third time and you'll get a brief forecast for the rest of the week.

The second section, in the middle of the screen, shows three days at a glance, with high/low temperatures and chance of precipitation. You can swipe to get the next three days. Tap a day to get the hourly forecast.

And the bottom section of the main view, taking up a little less than half of the entire screen, is a Google map with nearby personal weather stations reporting the current temperature. Tap the map, and it goes to a full-screen version with radar laid on top. You can adjust the overlays of the "WunderMap," toggling storm tracks, satellite, visible satellite, temperatures, cameras and animation.

Archived