• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Need expert input on RU Bowl Game Weather on 12/30 at Yankee Stadium

RU848789

From reading the various threads on this sub-forum, it looks like the model variability for late in the week is high (no surprise). NWS AFD's from both Mount Holly and Upton reflect that uncertainty, as per the excerpted discussions, with both offices hinting at potential short waves impacting the NYC metro area on Friday, but being non-commital about it. Anyone here, especially the pros (and c'mon, I know there are some RU grad pros, who must care about this game in da Bronx), care to speculate on the weather for Friday morning and afternoon? Unfortunately, football fans (especially RU fans, lol) are pretty fickle about going to games if the weather isn't dry - reports are that 35-45K tickets have been sold (mostly to RU fans), but I could see only 20-25K showing up if it rains, with tons of fans watching from bars or at home, which would suck for those of us who like a loud, frenzied crowd. Thanks, in advance...

Upton's comments:

HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS INTO THE REGION LATER WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY.

THE NEXT LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL IMPACT THE REGION LATE IN THE

WEEK...WHILE THE UPPER LEVEL ENERGY MOVES IN LATE THURSDAY AND

SHOULD PUSH PASS THROUGH BY SATURDAY MORNING. SO HAVE GONE WITH

SLIGHT CHANCE FOR POPS LATE THURSDAY INTO SATURDAY AS TIMING OF THE

NEXT LOW IS STILL UNKNOWN.

Mt. Holly's comments:

THE 0000 UTC GFS SHOWS SOME POTENTIAL FOR COASTAL DEVELOPMENT

FRIDAY. THIS LOOKS OVERDONE...AS THE 0000 UTC ECMWF LOSES THE SHORT

WAVE THAT WOULD SPIN UP A SURFACE LOW ON LOW LEVEL BAROCLINIC ZONE

OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST.

By the way, I know there are a few RU football fans on this board, so figured I'd post some info on the major pre-game party going on in midtown, if anyone is interested. The party is 9 am to 2 pm at Legend's on 6W 33rd St. (between 5th and B'way) and anyone can attend. They'll be having all kinds of drink specials, some cool video footage from previous bowl games and a great selection of music with a heavy NJ flavor (I've been involved in putting the playlist together). Even if you don't go to the game at Yankee Stadium, the pre-game party might be worth it. Below is a link to a thread with all the details on the RU football message board.

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=150790034&mid=150790034&sid=988&style=2

I'm no expert here, but it is looking like the GFS and the NAM (at least the pattern that the NAM is setting up, were not quite within NAM-range yet) should keep us mostly dry. No severe storms...and no WVU game conditions for sure,

I, however, am a senior at RU and this will be my last game as a student (also last FREE game :cry: ) And I may be stopping by Legends with a few buddies, thanks for the heads up!

So, no real input? I know 99.9% of people, including most here, lol, really don't care whether Friday is cloudy and mild with no rain or cloudy and mild with a few brief showers, but if you're outside at a football game, dry and 48F is way different from 48F and 0.1" of rain. I know it's very difficult to predict whether a few light showers will materialize in da Bronx in a 6-hour period (1-7 pm or so), but I'm surprised in simply having almost zero responses. C'mon...

CSheridan - cool, should be a fun time - if you go, ask the guy running it to point me out, so I can say hi (lots of the folks at this party know me as RU848789 from the RU football board).

Archived