• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
HDR Photographs

Amped

You need to take several images of the same scene from a tripod at different exposures or work off a RAW file for better results. I'm guessing you just took a single image and tried to HDR it.

Not much of a fun, though I realize it's becoming more a "norm" these days. I do make slight shadow/highlight corrections in many of my photos during processing -- levels/contrast/shadow-highlight are pretty much the main three for me. The shado/highlight stuff is sorta like HDR I suppose but on a very minor level. I take a few scenes here and there with the idea of HDR'ing them later but I never really like the result more than a more natural look. I do see some folks who do it fairly well but by and large most people have little clue what looks even partially real it seems.. but with a public that doesnt seem to care there is no real reason not to go crazy.

Been shooting HDR for a while now and I love it especially when a standard photo won't get all the details. I'll post some when I get home.

How many exposures did you use to create your HDR photos?

I just discovered HDR photography. Does anyone on this board take these kinds of pics?

I want all my photos to look like this.

post-673-0-06688400-1320036974.gif

post-673-0-06204900-1320036996.gif

I tried using HDR in Photoshop. This was the best I could come up with. Feel free to post your own if you have them.

post-673-0-41003900-1320037212.jpg

post-673-0-00829200-1320037234.jpg

You need to take several images of the same scene from a tripod at different exposures or work off a RAW file for better results. I'm guessing you just took a single image and tried to HDR it.

Not much of a fun, though I realize it's becoming more a "norm" these days. I do make slight shadow/highlight corrections in many of my photos during processing -- levels/contrast/shadow-highlight are pretty much the main three for me. The shado/highlight stuff is sorta like HDR I suppose but on a very minor level. I take a few scenes here and there with the idea of HDR'ing them later but I never really like the result more than a more natural look. I do see some folks who do it fairly well but by and large most people have little clue what looks even partially real it seems.. but with a public that doesnt seem to care there is no real reason not to go crazy.

I guess there some taste in pgotography. HDR doesn't change the whites in the scene very much. It works nicely for colorful scenes or not depending on your taste. however I am not serious enough about photography to get a tripod or anything like that. And I missed my chance for a good photo at the Hanger under construction in Hagerstown. If viewed at the right angle it looked as if it was a garage door looking up into the sky. Would have made for a funky picture.

Here's a few HDR shots I took

post-503-0-82743000-1320112777.jpg

post-503-0-91904500-1320112673.jpg

post-503-0-95365100-1320110094.jpg

Wow the little bit extra makes every day scenes look amazing. HDR appears to do good in scenes with a lot of colors and shiny objects. It has little effect on whites and greys. The rain really helped the second pic look amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

Neat what it did to the waterfall. I wondered what would happen to an object in motion.

The water's silkiness is do to a prolonged exposure and nothing to do with HDR. I used a ND filter to get a longer exposure without blowing the high lights out. As for moving objects most of the HDR software especially Photomatix will do a good job of removing "ghosting" and aliening the different exposures. for instances the motion of someone's legs while walking.

I guess there some taste in pgotography. HDR doesn't change the whites in the scene very much. It works nicely for colorful scenes or not depending on your taste. however I am not serious enough about photography to get a tripod or anything like that. And I missed my chance for a good photo at the Hanger under construction in Hagerstown. If viewed at the right angle it looked as if it was a garage door looking up into the sky. Would have made for a funky picture.

so you're serious enough to spend time on those "hdr" photos that look terrible, but not serious enough to take the most simple advice?

So the answer is you aren't going to get good looking hdr photos with no effort and the wrong equipment.

post-1816-0-73476100-1322942026.jpg

Archived