joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 29th Snow Totals - post them here

Absolute Humidity

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just googed imaged: montgomery county, pa elevation maps.

It came up on the 1st page of images.

Here's delaware county

Actually just change the county name in the link (say to bucks) and it brings up bucks county.

those maps dont look right? Im assuming the yellows and oranges are higher elevation? If so it has higher elevation right by the airport which isnt correct. Or am i reading it wrong?

those maps dont look right? Im assuming the yellows and oranges are higher elevation? If so it has higher elevation right by the airport which isnt correct. Or am i reading it wrong?

montgomery looked right with orangers in the northern parts of the county, and the dark greens showing the rivers and creeks in the central MontCo. i can't speak for Delware County though since I don't know the area.

I wonder if the Delaware River was actually a factor in some of the lower snow totals. I noticed a 3.0 right near a 12.5 on the southern edge of Warren County on Ray's map, but I don't think the elevation change is as great there as it is farther up in the Delaware Water Gap. I mean in DJF the river that far up is pretty cold, but maybe it was still warm enough to act almost like a mini marine layer?

Just a thought.

I wonder if the Delaware River was actually a factor in some of the lower snow totals. I noticed a 3.0 right near a 12.5 on the southern edge of Warren County on Ray's map, but I don't think the elevation change is as great there as it is farther up in the Delaware Water Gap. I mean in DJF the river that far up is pretty cold, but maybe it was still warm enough to act almost like a mini marine layer?

Just a thought.

I'm sure there were some poor observations in there as well.

I've posted this in the NYC thread, but I'll post it here too: If your total isn't on here yet and you want it to be, sign up for a CoCoRaHS account. Its free and easy. And you can backfill data. So if you decide to do that, let me know and I'll add your total once its in the CoCoRaHS system.

I've posted this in the NYC thread, but I'll post it here too: If your total isn't on here yet and you want it to be, sign up for a CoCoRaHS account. Its free and easy. And you can backfill data. So if you decide to do that, let me know and I'll add your total once its in the CoCoRaHS system.

2nd revision, for someone who did exactly as described above:

post-39-0-72600100-1320785531.gif

post-39-0-21616800-1320785539.gif

Archived