• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1st Fantasy Storm Thread

hazwoper

I don't think he realizes that Valpo is NOT located in some major LES location like western NY. Valpo area averages about 38" a year. OOooooo....wowwwww

Dude you can stop being all butthurt any time you want. I brought up a common point about long-range modeling and you took it as a personal offense or something.

And yeah I'll hang out in the GLOV most of the year until Winter Break, then I'll be back with you guys for a few weeks. (By the way, there won't be any snow between Dec. 16th and Jan. 11th, but expect a huge storm Jan. 12th. Philly's first 40-incher, I'm calling it. Ok, not really...)

I think you may be mistaken... were you looking at the Waterworks average? Not surprisingly, the Waterworks folks seem to measure low. Valparaiso 5NNE has averaged 55 inches over the last 8 years.

I know last year was 60-something, and that was only mid-February (and while I was here they were torching with that huge EC ridge that took over in Feb last year)

LES isn't as common as W MI, or Oswego, for instance, because we need a more N to NNW wind than a NW wind. But when we do get it, it's a minimum of 10" because we have the entire Lake Michigan fetch (or so I've been told).

I know last year was 60-something, and that was only mid-February (and while I was here they were torching with that huge EC ridge that took over in Feb last year)

LES isn't as common as W MI, or Oswego, for instance, because we need a more N to NNW wind than a NW wind. But when we do get it, it's a minimum of 10" because we have the entire Lake Michigan fetch (or so I've been told).

Enjoy the LES man. I did when I went to college in western NY. I think most of us posting here just want to have some fun with threads once in awhile.....especially when it comes to snow (and especially when its possibly the first big snow of the year............300 hours out). Now, if it's January and we have 5 threads on fantasy model snowstorms........that's a different story.

I think you may be mistaken... were you looking at the Waterworks average? Not surprisingly, the Waterworks folks seem to measure low. Valparaiso 5NNE has averaged 55 inches over the last 8 years.

I've seen it a couple places. Most say 38.6, but , yes, since it can be effected by LES in the right setup, certainly they can have more.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Indiana/annual-snowfall.php

OK, Thunder, enough back and forth. I hope you get rocked by LES, but just understand that the thread was not meant as a prediction that 300 hours out we would have a huge snowstorm here.

I've seen it a couple places. Most say 38.6, but , yes, since it can be effected by LES in the right setup, certainly they can have more.

http://www.currentre...al-snowfall.php

OK, Thunder, enough back and forth. I hope you get rocked by LES, but just understand that the thread was not meant as a prediction that 300 hours out we would have a huge snowstorm here.

Fair enough, and I wish you the best of luck this winter. Irene hit a week after I moved, so if history repeats itself, Jan 11-18 should be Snowman.gif

Archived