Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12th Southern New England Weather Conference

Turtle

Hi gang!

I was reminded to post this at the GTG yesterday. Sorry I didn't post sooner, especially since the date is much earlier than it has been in the past.

The 12th Southern New England Weather Conference will be held at Meditech, at the base of Blue Hill in Milton, Massachusetts. This year, it will be held on Saturday, October 22, a move back to previous conference dates.

Here is the website and registration information:

http://www.sneweathe...org/index.shtml

This year, they got a real coup. The two Joes will be there as keynote speakers. You'll see what I mean when you check out the website.

Registration includes breakfast and lunch, and will end around 545 PM. The agenda is also posted on the website.

Hope to see some of you there! And yes, as of today, the hubby WILL be there (amazing but true)!

--Turtle

Hi gang!

I was reminded to post this at the GTG yesterday. Sorry I didn't post sooner, especially since the date is much earlier than it has been in the past.

The 12th Southern New England Weather Conference will be held at Meditech, at the base of Blue Hill in Milton, Massachusetts. This year, it will be held on <b>Saturday, October 22</b>, a move back to previous conference dates.

Here is the website and registration information:

<a href='http://www.sneweatherconf.org/index.shtml' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://www.sneweathe...org/index.shtml</a>

This year, they got a real coup. The two Joes will be there as keynote speakers. You'll see what I mean when you check out the website.

Registration includes breakfast and lunch, and will end around 545 PM. The agenda is also posted on the website.

Hope to see some of you there! And yes, as of today, the hubby WILL be there (amazing but true)!

--Turtle

Bummer Eleanor. I thought you said it was 10/29. No way I can. make 10/22....heading out on a flight for an intense business trip 10/23 and relatives with me 10/22.

Bummer Eleanor. I thought you said it was 10/29. No way I can. make 10/22....heading out on a flight for an intense business trip 10/23 and relatives with me 10/22.

Awwww, Jerry! Sorry. I thought it was the last Saturday of October but, when I checked the site, it was the week before.

So sorry you won't make it.

--Turtle

Back in the 80s, I remember the NWS office in Boston (or was it one of the locat stations?) put on a meeting with regional broadcasters and mets. I was interning for a station in western Mass. at the time and he got invited so I tagged along. It was great to meet mets from around southern New England and I remember them asking at the end if the format was benefitial and every liked it so they said they would continue it.

Different people gave great talks and it was just great to meet different people. I'm glad that some kind of conference still carries on, though since college I've had little if anything to do with the field so I don't know this is the "decendant" of the meetings I used to attend.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my 2¢ and suggest that if anyone is thinking about going, go!

Archived