• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Contest: Irene's Impacts on VA/DC/MD

WxUSAF

Fozz posted this in the rain totals thread...haven't verified it myself, but it sounds right:

BWI: 4.69"

DCA: 3.70"

IAD: 1.28"

BWI: 44KT

DCA: 50KT

IAD: 38KT

Will have to double check the daily climo reports, but that's what I see for the obs. Scoring will have to wait until tomorrow.

So, for the record, I took the cowards way out and did a 50-50 blend of the NAM and the GFS. That blend nailed the wind forecast. Blended precip forecast was obviously way too low, since the NAM was absolutely dead on and GFS numbers were horrible-way too low. Does that tell us anything heading into winter? No.

Final Results!

Correct values:

Wind:

IAD: 39KT

DCA: 52KT

BWI: 44KT

Precip:

IAD: 1.41"

DCA: 3.83"

BWI: 4.59"

And the winner is....NE Balti Zen!!!:thumbsup: NE Balti Zen had only 8 points coming from the wind gust contest (lowest score in the group) and then had the 3rd lowest score for precip for a total of 26 points. Well done!

nj2va was 2nd place with 30 points and Yeoman was 3rd with 34. Average departure was 48.5 points.

Dunno...they finally called the tournament off with no further games after 6:00 pm on Saturday. I can tell you that the Soccerplex Microclimate was wet as hell during my child's two games prior to that on Saturday. Particularly the 3:00 pm one.

If I cannot believe in the Germantown Soccerplex microclimate, I don't know what I can believe in...

Archived