• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Gulf Coast Hurricanes 2011 -- Baton Rouge plans here.

Hey guys...

Since I live on the Gulf Coast, and seeing as how I've been in the target area of 4 major storms in the last 6 years, I figure we have a good chance again this year. If any chasers are planning to come down for any of the storms that might happen to be near me, I can lend a hand with lodging, and we can have a good old fashioned hurricane party too. I can probably accommodate 4 or 5 guys in my apartment. It's small, but I'm beginning preparations now to be ready to put it into use. With enough notice, I may be able to arrange other lodging to accommodate a few more. Of course, lead time will be short in any situation, so handy contact information is provided below. Feel free to use it for hurricane chasing activity planning if/when necessary. I'm a firm believer in and practitioner of good old fashioned "Southern Hospitality", and I will do my best for the cause.

Anybody who comes this way can contact me, and I will do my best to host and make you as comfortable as possible during any storms which might come near me... and this offer is good for this entire season.

I hope this will somehow support everyone's activities, and I would definitely enjoy meeting some of y'all if we get the chance. Please help spread the word of this offer.

Sonny Bellotte

Baton Rouge, LA

225-772-9913

email: [email protected]

YM also at above address

Facebook: Sonny Bellotte

You don't wont to post a complete e-mail on the part of the forum bots and spiders can come through. I'd break it up and add "at" in place of the @...

Unless you have a really good spam filter...

LOL

My address is in so many places on the web. I just deal with it. But I guess in this case it wouldn't be a bad idea to edit it.

Careful. There may be a following...

Like I said originally, I am pretty sure I can make space for at least 4 or 5, and maybe others with the help of other locals. It would just be a very fun way to have to endure another 'cane if I happen to get one this year, like I did in 05 and 08 (2 each year in a month's time both times)

And I'm DYING to see one of those chase vehicles anyway. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am a novice weather enthusiast.I have been watching weather since I was 5, and am currently interested in chasing. I live in Baton Rouge, LA, where we got double hits in 05 (Katrina & Rita) and again in 08 (Gustav & Ike). I have a feeling we might be in for another hit this year. If any storms come this way, I would love to joing some chases... provided they are on my days off (I am essential and cannot take off during 'canes). Any chasers out there who are willing, friend me, and state in your request that you are offering to take me on a chase. Thanks!!!!

NOAA NWS National Hurricane Center The first visible satellite images and radar data this Wednesday morning find that the area of low pressure over the southwest Gulf of Mexico about 50 miles east-northest of Vreacruz, Mexico, has become better organized. There is a medium chance (50 percent) of this system becoming a tropical depression before it moves inland over Mexico later today. Regardless of any development, rain and gusty winds will occur over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico as the system moves west-northwest at 15 to 20 mph. The latest on the tropics is found on the NHC website at www.hurricanes.gov

Reposted from the cited page on Facebook.

Archived