• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western NC

Awesome photos Michelle, and how close where you to the beavers? big ones hanging out there

Thank you kind sir :wub: I thought it was a beaver too(seen no signs of a dam), but after showing the picture to the locals, they informed me that he/she was a groundhog :lol: He was about 60 yards away when I spotted him coming up from a hole in the rocks. He hung out down the river for about an hr before he ventured into the woods. I seen countless deer, but never got any pictures as the trees were in the way :( The hawks and falcons were everywhere too on the hike up to the rock, but again, no pictures because of the trees. A little pine lizard and a yellow belly slider were nice enough to stay put while I took their pictures, but the rest of natures critters didn't seem to want their pictures taken and stayed partially hidden. I was hoping to see a bear, but they were none in the area. Next time I'm there I will go past Bat Cave and up to Black Mtn as that area seemed like a good place to see them. There is nothing better than spending the day watching the animals while hiking threw the woods :wub:

Archived