• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Rain causes eyes to burn?

Hi,

I just got caught in a rainstorm here in NJ while biking and the heavy rain dripping into my eyes caused intense burning. I had to stop repeatedly to wipe my eyes so I could see. Any ideas what would cause this? I have never felt this in the rain before...

Thanks,

Jeff

a mixture of sweat and/or sunscreen would be my guess. Maybe some other kind of hair or skin product or soap residue on your skin. I highly doubt it was actually the rain, I've never heard or experienced anything like that.

Acid Rain? That crap is everywhere these days.

Hi,

I just got caught in a rainstorm here in NJ while biking and the heavy rain dripping into my eyes caused intense burning. I had to stop repeatedly to wipe my eyes so I could see. Any ideas what would cause this? I have never felt this in the rain before...

Thanks,

Jeff

No worries, it's just some residual radiation from the Fukushima nuclear reactors.

Hi,

Thanks,

Jeff

Most likely tornado debris from Springfield. or off gassing from the Jersey Shore crew.

It was probably salt (if not something else) from your skin getting into your eyes.

You say you don't remember it from past experiences....okay; how often do you get caught in the rain? is this a common experience? If so, we can only wonder why.

:popcorn:

This post is very silly but comes across as legit, I like it.

Acid rain usually has pH in the upper 4s (vs a pH of 5.6 for "normal" rain). I wouldn't think a pH of 4.8 would cause a burning sensation but maybe I'm wrong. 4.8 is still pretty weak on the pH scale. Maybe if it was very strong acid rain in the mid or lower 4s.

well I'll take your opinion over my guess, I wouldn't know. And I have no plans to try and find out ;)

Archived