• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NWS Key West Catches Strange Phenomenon Near Andros Island

:unsure:

We received the following in an email message from Paul Fuentes at the National Weather Service forecast office at Key West, Florida:

“Just though you might be interested in a peculiar little feature we noticed at the WFO Key West on AWIPS from GOES-13 IR imagery on 4/23/11 starting at about 22:301Z over Andros Island (24.21N, 77.7W) and persisted to into the afternoon on 4/24/11. The feature looked almost like a smoke ring (several miles across) that was drifting off to the Northeast that emanated off of Andros Island and was also apparent in VIS/WV.”

http://cimss.ssec.wi...g/archives/7898

I know one thing you can take to the bank...the "HAARP Conspiracy" folks will feast on it.

There's a major US Navy test facility in the Tongue of the Ocean near Andros...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Undersea_Test_and_Evaluation_Center

It's almost all underwater/submarine related, as far as I know; I believe the conspiracy nutters think it's the Area 51 of underwater "UFOs" though.

Because there are so many strange facilities in the U.S., the opportunities for conspiracies is near-limitless. Just this one, ordinary citizen can give you two examples...

I grew up a mile or so just northwest of Washington, D.C., in a neighborhood called "Sumner", not far from the Potomac River. A few miles farther upriver was a very strange looking government installation; DTNSRDC, which everyone called "the model basin." Because it was secure, surrounded by barbed wire fences, etc., and had the strangest looking buildings (some a quarter mile long with arched roofs) those who saw it often wondered "what the heck do they do there?" But that's as far as it went, because neither I nor anyone else I knew ever had weird fantasies about the place; it was after all, some government research center and that was fine with us. Oddly enough, I ended up working there for several years and came to know what went on....lots of non-sinister research.

But today? I imagine there are a few who may believe all sorts of crazy things about the place.

In the early 1970s I was stationed at a NORAD Control Center in Petersburg, Va. (a bit southeast of Richmond.) The control center was a fairly large, windowless, concrete building (hardened against nuclear attack) surrounded by barbed wire with armed security at the gate and perimeter. It sat in an extreme corner of an Army installation called Ft. Lee, and we controlled the air defense of the U.S. from Delaware to Key West, Florida., west to the Ohio/Mississippi Valley and down to the central Gulf of Mexico. We were an obscure little oddity on this large Army training center. The only sign indicating who we were was one that said "HQ 20th Air Division."

Well, god forbid civilians would ever see us... it was enough the Army people had their own wild visions of what went on at our place, LOL! I was often asked: "what kind of missiles do you have inside that building?" LOL!

When people see or experience things they don't understand they can either assume a rational explanation or they can create one for themselves with no evidence. This is what people do.

Archived