• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Summer 2010 had the lowest dewpoints combined with the heat

CAT5ANDREW

As hot as last summer was,I dont remember so many 90+ degree 50+ dewpoint days which made it more bearable.The 100 degree readings on July 3rd had dews in the 40s which I have never seen here.Summer 2005 had countless days with dewpoints of 70-75.That remains the most uncomfortable summer in my lifetime.

THe seabreeze was nonexistent as well,thats why JFK broke their record of 90+ degree days.THe beach was always broiling.Not a single time I went was there even a slight breeze.That in of itself was very rare.

Eventually the dewpoints did rise into the upper 50 to the lower 60's at night and became higher with at the sametime temps were more into upper 80's to lower 90's. I think this summer will be quite similar to 1976 and 1996 combine with cooler but bit more humid days though. Of course I bet we will have several cool days in the 70's and low 80's with low humidity with probably dewpoints in the 40's.

Yup, NW wind and low dews with hot temps was the name of the game.  I doubt we see that low kind of humidity this summer.

Riis Park was scorching.I have never felt it so hot there.THere was always an offshore breeze.WHile it will be cooler this summer we are going to make up for it with a return to horrible dewpoints.

Eventually the dewpoints did rise into the upper 50 to the lower 60's at night and became higher with at the sametime temps were more into upper 80's to lower 90's. I think this summer will be quite similar to 1976 and 1996 combine with cooler but bit more humid days though. Of course I bet we will have several cool days in the 70's and low 80's with low humidity with probably dewpoints in the 40's.

We had several days of 93,94 degrees with 55 dewpoints which is rare for these parts.We had more of those days last summer than the previous 25 years of summers combined it seems.THe 100 degree temps with dews in the 40s was historic.

I remember now back in the summer of 2005 there was near 80 degree dewpoints at one point and that was insane. Last summer was 100 degrees with dewpoints only near 50 F made felt alot more bearable for sure.

July,AUG and SEPT 2005 had so many high dewpoint days.I believe there was a 55 day period where the dew did not drop below 65

last year was the hottest Summer on record but it didn't have the most days 95 or above...Last year was similar to 1966...

Extreme heat days 95 or higher since 1944...

16 in 1955

13 in 1988

12 in 1953

12 in 1993

12 in 1999

12 in 2002

10 in 1944

10 in 1980

9.. in 2005

9.. in 1983

9.. in 1966

8.. in 1963

8.. in 1991

8.. in 2010

July,AUG and SEPT 2005 had so many high dewpoint days.I believe there was a 55 day period where the dew did not drop below 65

That was one day I remember that the dewpoint was near 80 and that is very rare and like you going into a steam bath outside. There were several days with dewpoints of 75+ which only occurs few times each summer in the area which is normal to get dewpoints in the 70-75 degree but anything over 75 is insane.

Archived