• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
AccuWeather Channel on 6.3 and 7.3 (comcast 246 in PHL)

phlwx

I noticed that 6.3 (246 on Comcast) is running the "LiveWell Network" and someone up in Jersey told me that Channel 7 is doing the same with their 7.3. 246 used to be the AccuWeather local channel (that would run occasional updates from Channel 6 locally and included stuff from Accu).

I didn't live/die by the channel but it was a decent option for radar and some coverage of weather...

Does anyone know what's up with it?

I noticed that 6.3 (246 on Comcast) is running the "LiveWell Network" and someone up in Jersey told me that Channel 7 is doing the same with their 7.3. 246 used to be the AccuWeather local channel (that would run occasional updates from Channel 6 locally and included stuff from Accu).

I didn't live/die by the channel but it was a decent option for radar and some coverage of weather...

Does anyone know what's up with it?

I know Comcast in my area is switching channels in the next week or 2 because they are converting over to HD. Could that maybe be the reason?

Knocked off the air this past Thursday per Michael Klein at the Inquirer. No reason given.

http://www.philly.co...TV_weather.html

Maybe it was edited since you posted it, but I think the reason is given (at least now):

Inqlings: 6ABC zaps 24-hour TV weather may08_inq_klein1.jpg By Michael Klein

Inquirer Columnist

If you want a local weather forecast on TV in the middle of the night, you're now out of luck.

6ABC (WPVI) has shut down its 24-hour digital weather channel, Action News Now, after five years.

The spot on a digital TV tuner - Channel 6.3 over the air and on various channels on cable and satellite - now carries a standard-definition feed of Live Well Network, a health and lifestyle channel also available in high-def at Channel 6.2. The changeover occurred Thursday.

Action News Now pumped out temperatures, nifty radar sweeps, and the five-day forecast for regional cities.

WPVI has joined other Disney stations (New York and Chicago included) in pushing 24-hour, nonbroadcast weather coverage to mobile apps and the Web.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/michael_klein/20110301_Inqlings__6ABC_zaps_24-hour_TV_weather.html#ixzz1FNWfsgxY

Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Maybe it was edited since you posted it, but I think the reason is given (at least now):

I guess it's not surprising since not many folks probably watched it...don't get why they would have Live Well in HD and in SD on separate channels...just turn the HD feed into something else otherwise it's a wasted subchannel.

Archived