• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How far off will the 12Z 1/31 Euro run's -20C at 850 verify for KATL? -20C is only 1C off record low

GaWx

Well how did it turn out? Today's the day right, 2/10? Glancing at a national map of the 850 contours it looks like Atlanta was somewhere around 0 maybe at 6z. Anybody got the official number? Certainly it was higher than -20. :arrowhead:

It looks like it was about -3 in ATL at 6z, looking at the NAM and GFS init. panel.

I know I've said this before, but I really liked the EURO better before the upgrade. Over the summer it seemed to overdevelop several tropical cyclones and now this winter it has showed several GFS like fantasy cold shots. That being said I think its still the best model overall, but this version just seems much more inconsistent than the previous one.

I know I've said this before, but I really liked the EURO better before the upgrade. Over the summer it seemed to overdevelop several tropical cyclones and now this winter it has showed several GFS like fantasy cold shots. That being said I think its still the best model overall, but this version just seems much more inconsistent than the previous one.

I have to agree. But I don't know what it would have done (the old version) in this unusual Winter pattern we had this season. Still its in the ballpark with the 5H features, but probably not as much as it used to be and the cold is certainly outdone this season in its longer ranges. It showed several enormous outbreaks even from day 7, not 10, which were way off.

It looks like it was about -3 in ATL at 6z, looking at the NAM and GFS init. panel.

Also, the 0z Thu Euro's six hour map for 6z had -3c. So, I'm also calling it -3c, meaning that the 1/31/11 12z Euro's 234 hour map prediction of -20c at 850 mb was 17c too cold. It is a priviledge and a pleasure to announce that PatriotWeather wins with a perfect guess of -3c.

Congratulations are very much in order!

Archived