Jump to content

Professional Lurker

Members
  • Posts

    3,017
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Professional Lurker

  1. Less likely indeed. ..I'll still keep my eyes glued to the days though just in case.
  2. Eyewall, it blows my mind how much higher in the sky yours were. I mean, I know you're father north, but wow... the big dipper is completely engulfed. It was just fringed for me.
  3. All pics are raw, taken with my Sony a58. 30 seconds, f3.5, ISO 1800.
  4. It's clouded over here, but by the numbers it's still going strong.
  5. Still going strong, guys. The moon had set, so any light that you see to the north will be the lights. More of a solid diffuse glow. Did have pillars into the big dipper, so almost overhead.
  6. Kp is currently pretty low, but bz looks great. Wonder if we see anything tonight? They say that the cme may have missed, but the #'s could improve tonight.
  7. Hey, that white house in the foreground looks familiar. ...must be your go-to aurora shot. I've got a similar one. I've got great views to the south, east, and west. ...but my north views are really limited. Definitely blows that it fizzled. Looking at it all afternoon, I knew deep down in the back of my mind that it couldn't last. I experimented last night with my new sony a58. Have no idea where my tripod was hiding, so it was an adventure. Next time I'll be sure to have it.
  8. Yeah, but would it matter that the bz sucks right now?
  9. Yes, 03 was amazing. Tonight, even with crap Bz, there's still a definite green glow to the north. Kp=8 will do that I guess. Without a doubt a kick in the nutsack the Bz shooting at like -18 all afternoon to head to -4ish right around dark, only to remain there now. ...think we're done? Btw, took some pics, not worth uploading. What are you ruining for ISO on those pics? Everything I took tonight was horrifically grainy.
  10. Yeah, but look at the date of the original post...
×
×
  • Create New...