-
Posts
2,325 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by Kay
-
-
24 minutes ago, Kay said:
Same here. And now the Bel Air cell descending my way.
Missing to the north but plenty of lightning in the area. Ears popping.
-
36 minutes ago, mappy said:
It got sunny as soon as those stormed moved thru, which was nice
Same here. And now the Bel Air cell descending my way.
-
9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:
The AWOSs for KAPG and KEDG used to be available for public viewing. Not sure what happened.
Idk. But here's what I see pretty much every day, year after year, so maybe LWX could consider a change. May as well show us KMTN.
It's not 100% though, sometimes it'll just up and show the temp etc lol.
-
That pic was the last minute of sun. No thunder or lightning nearby. Wind, though. Here comes a wall of rain.
-
1
-
-
-
2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:
As @wxmeddler noted the other day, the real tragedy is KMTN rain gauge failing.
I missed that!
Which reminds me of my semi-annual rant, really more about temps, KAPG is the worst. It seems like the sensor is always N/A (not literally but close). Years and years.
1" yesterday here in swampland.
-
.40"
-
1
-
-
Baltimore storms getting a little feisty over Middle River, I hear the thunder
-
1
-
-
Just now, Kay said:
Splitsville on that last batch of storms, we'll see about these new ones moving NE through Balt.
Relying on nearby stations...mby received about 6" rain in July, approaching 2" Aug to date.
-
1
-
-
Splitsville on that last batch of storms, we'll see about these new ones moving NE through Balt.
-
1
-
-
82/78 9:30 am soup
-
Inch of welcome rain. T&L, not too much wind.
-
2
-
-
4 minutes ago, Kay said:
That was short-lived, box now east
Rain
Now inside new warning box, here we go.
-
13 minutes ago, Kay said:
Phone just went off for tornado warning, I'm a little south
That was short-lived, box now east
Rain
-
Phone just went off for tornado warning, I'm a little south
-
-
I remember a tire smell here in 2023. Revolting out. Hope everyone can stay in as much as life permits.
-
Getting dark early like a fall day.
-
It's pretty smoky locally. My throat feels scratchy.
-
24 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:
Wonder if those two boundaries over Montgomery/Howard will do anything today?
Posted up in Columbia for the day and night, remaining vigilant
-
Power restored yesterday mid-day or so. In the evening I went past a long line of utility trucks along route 40, where I had posted earlier about a mile + stretch of poles that were mangled in one way or another, and they were getting toward the end of it.
-
3
-
-
Oh man, storms coming for this area againnn but hopefully the most intense keeps SE. Route 40 power lines can't take anymore lol.
-
high in the low 80s tomorrow sounds mighty good to me

-
3
-
1
-
-
13 minutes ago, nj2va said:
Omg, I’m sorry…terrible timing given the heat.
Thank you. But also - I did it. I checked into a hotel. It is full of local people like me doing the same thing.
-
3
-

2026 Mid-Atlantic Severe Storm General Discussion
in Mid Atlantic
Posted
Lost power for 30 seconds and came back on, hallelujah! Spared after being hit during the heat wave. Over an inch of rain so far today. Plentiful T/L. Noisy. This is like a "if you enjoy the sound of summer thunder" line. Sound machine-worthy, classic.