Jump to content

gravitylover

Members
  • Posts

    7,719
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by gravitylover

  1. 1 hour ago, the_other_guy said:

    Nothing burger in Westchester thus far. Dry slotted and winds are tame.

    Hopefully it stays thru the daylight hours

    I dunno, I'm 1/3 mile N of the county line and it hasn't stopped raining for more than a few minutes all day. .8 so far. Steady wind, not as strong as expected but it brought down plenty of branches. More than nothing for sure.

  2. 7 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

    Just returned from a week in the Adirondacks; this humidity feels oppressive! Going to need 24 hours to get re-adjusted. 

    I drove up Whiteface on Friday and it was 70° up top with barely a breeze. Amazing...

    • Like 1
  3. 8 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

    Might have been some breaks in the clouds to the west, but just dark, dreary and damp wall to wall here today.  MaxT was 73° which is the lowest daily maxT since July 7 (max that day was 68°).  I've no problem with a few days with the wx like this, but the mosquitoes are beyond ridiculous this month.  Little buggers are pissing me off.  It's bad when you go backpacking to get away from them.

     

    I'm not sure about down on The Island but, there has been a mass die-off of bats in the Hudson Valley, over 95% of one species and I think high 70s for another. Bats eat LOTS of mosquitoes. The mosquitoes seem to love not having those predators in their world :( It's called white nose syndrome and it's taking out bats all over Upstate.

    • Sad 1
×
×
  • Create New...