-
Posts
11,820 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by IrishRob17
-
-
27 minutes ago, Hitman said:
My station crapped out a few weeks ago and I just swapped it with a new one. Couldn’t be easier to set up. Install batteries, plug in display, set date/time.
I agree, I have confidence that @rclab could do it. In some events there would be an interesting difference between Central Park and the Embassy in Brooklyn.
-
1
-
-
Yeah, there’s an impressive, and annoying, amount of shredded leaves and twigs covered everything. Needed to use the blower on my windshield. Up to .53” with much less wind now and constant drizzle/mist.
-
1
-
-
.35” here, lots of smaller branch’s, 4-6’ long, down in the yard and driveway.
-
34 minutes ago, TriPol said:
Has the storm fully occluded?
-
2 minutes ago, snywx said:
4500k in Orange are out.
I don't want to jinx us by talking about OC, a lot of Ulster came back online already.
-
1 hour ago, GaWx said:
Thanks. Ulster’s now at 17k out of ~100k customers vs Suffolk being at 10k with >6 times the # of customers! Ulster has almost half the outages in the entire state.
Up to 14.99% in Ulster County.
-
12 minutes ago, GaWx said:
Kind of odd: Ulster Cty now has highest # and % of outages in NY with 11k/11%. Is this accurate? Neighboring counties are much lower.
Suffolk is at 9k/1.4%.
Not odd for Ulster with elevation and lots of forest.
-
2
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, Lanslide said:
I woke up to a tree landing on my house. Tough way to start the day.
Sorry to hear that. I can relate, had one fall on my house during the 5/15/18 severe outbreak. No fun but glad it sounds like you are ok but it makes a lasting not so fun memory. Best of luck with the repairs.
-
2
-
-
KDIX is down, was that already discussed here? Anyone know why and how long?
Edit: It went down this morning for an unknown reason, at least that’s what I’ve found so far.
-
1
-
1
-
-
-
-
7 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:
Do you guys know there's a storm threaded for the noreaster??
Asking for a friend
-
3
-
1
-
1
-
-
40 minutes ago, Dan76 said:
Darts season probably over according ESPN
I’d be surprised if he comes back this season. Sure, his foot wasn’t planted but that was still a terrible blow to his leg, bending the way it shouldn’t. I don’t see Winston improving all that much even with getting all the snaps in practice. Oh well.
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, BxEngine said:
Radar estimate was only like .3, actually a tad over .6. Annoying ass light rain lol
Yeah the radar was deceiving, it was a steady light rain until late in the day here, 1.28" total.
-
11 minutes ago, snywx said:
1.31" since midnight imby
Up to 1.23" here
-
1
-
-
Up to 1.21” on the day with a drizzle/mist now.
-
2
-
-
11 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:
It’s been rainy out this way since the early morning hours; nothing too heavy, just persistent.
A steady soaking here too, up to .95
-
1
-
-
A nice soaking rain all morning, the radar doesn't do it justice, up to .95 on the day, 4.08 for the month, 60/58.
-
12 minutes ago, rclab said:
Hello Rob + everyone. Didn’t want to see the thread go Sunday to Sunday without a post. As always …….
Hey Rich! .20 yesterday, 3.14 for the month, and a 2.5 hour power outage from around 10pm-12:30am last night. The power going out went unnoticed as the bride and I were already snoring but when it came back on the house 'coming back to life' got my attention and totally messed up my sleep cycle. Gorgeous weather here today and tomorrow before the gloom returns. My AC's getting uninstalled is on my list for tomorrow for those who are passionate about tracking such things. Happy feel-good football Friday! That's my report and GO IRISH!
-
On 9/16/2026 at 2:51 AM, codfishsnowman said:
Superstorm 93 was epic on so many levels. The certainty almost a week out. It had been a decade since I had seen March snow that didn't just accumulate on grassy surfaces. The sunny but cold calm quiet day before and the craziness at the gas stations and supermarkets. I was 19 and worked for Stop and Shop at the time. It was the first time I had een more than a foot of snow since the Feb 83 storm.
I worked at a Price Chopper supermarket at the time and the sales that week were recording breaking for the time and store. The cops had to be called that Friday night before it started for two jabronies fighting over the last loaf of bread.
-
2
-
-
10 minutes ago, BxEngine said:
“Mostly sunny”. Ill just pretend its not effin pouring on me in suffern right now.
Sounds like you're sufferin'...yeah, I was surprised earlier by what was only a brief light shower up here.
-
2
-
-
13 minutes ago, TriPol said:
Should someone start a thread about next week? A sub 965 low pressure is nothing to joke about anytime of the year.
I missed that one, got a link to what's showing that?
-
.31", no complaints from me.
-
2 hours ago, Brian5671 said:
About 4 inches here so far but it's starting to lighten up thankfully
Just took a look at the Davis stations in that neck of the woods, you are in the low side of the totals, which is crazy to say.

Interior NW & NE Burbs 2026
in New York City Metro
Posted
Up to 1.37" for the storm and 5.79" for the month. The radar indicates I should pass 6" for September.