Jump to content

495weatherguy

Members
  • Posts

    1,015
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 495weatherguy

  1. An average that has been bolstered by anomalous amounts the last 20 years numbers are easily manipulated look at the 1980’s, 1970’s I still maintain a lot of things have to go right in order for the tri state area to receive a major snow. The last 20 years I’ve been nothing short of spectacular
  2. Not rooting per se--I love snow and blizzards and cold as much, if not more than anybody. I come here to learn about the winter from the people who know waaaaay more than I do. However, this year is different. We are looking at the prospect of our darkest winter yet(in the Northeast)due to Covid. Cold and dry conditions are ideal for the virus Would a warm winter be the worst for all? At least be able to go outside. Not snowed in all winter
  3. Petty and nasty Have I told you to move when you root for snow when there is no way that it can materialize? Contrary to your beliefs, this area is not conducive to snow--
  4. Even though I was rooting for this to come to fruition, I suspected it was a bit early to declare the month as finished Hopefully the block disappears as quickly as it appeared
  5. I certainly don’t have an official number, but I would guess fewer than 7 in the 70’s on LI and maybe 4 in the 80’s on LI maybe 4 in the 90’s as well
  6. If I am reading your totals correctly, there are 27 such storms? Truly remarkable Would you happen to know the #'s for each preceding decade?
×
×
  • Create New...