• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
AMS-Seattle Weather Discussion

Anyone here headed to AMS in Seattle next week and want to discuss the weather?

I, for one, am looking forward to experience true Pac NW rain storms on Monday/Tuesday. With this being one of the very few times AMS doesn't hold the meeting in the sun belt (I can't wait for Boston 2020), I'm very interested in taking a trip up to one of the passes to experience some pretty insane snow depths if I can find them. :)

Anyone here headed to AMS in Seattle next week and want to discuss the weather?

I, for one, am looking forward to experience true Pac NW rain storms on Monday/Tuesday. With this being one of the very few times AMS doesn't hold the meeting in the sun belt (I can't wait for Boston 2020), I'm very interested in taking a trip up to one of the passes to experience some pretty insane snow depths if I can find them. :)

I'm getting into town Sunday morning. Weather seems to be looking surprisingly dry for next week given it is Seattle. Never been to the Pac NW before, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hoping to get some time on Sunday to explore the area.

I'm getting into town Sunday morning. Weather seems to be looking surprisingly dry for next week given it is Seattle. Never been to the Pac NW before, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hoping to get some time on Sunday to explore the area.

Yeah, looks like whatever storm system NWS Seattle was originally forecasting for M/T has disappeared from the models.

Great news as I'm hoping for some great shots of the area from the space needle! :)

You will have to head to the Olympic Mtns and Hurricane Ridge--looks epic out there.

http://www.flickr.co...ref/3002466387/

The Olympic Peninsula is and looks AMAZINGLY beautiful...and I've always wanted to go there! Only temperate rain forest in the country! :) I don't know if I'll have the time though :\

The Olympic Peninsula is and looks AMAZINGLY beautiful...and I've always wanted to go there! Only temperate rain forest in the country! :) I don't know if I'll have the time though :\

Pacific NW--IMO--has the most unique and challenging weather patterns in the CONUS. The terrain and forests are equally epic--almost a different world out there. Hopefully you guys have time to either see the Olympics or Mt Rainier. If the weather is nice I guess you may see it anyways. 13,000 feet of topographic prominence! Amazing.

Sigh... this was our problem. I was trying to plan a trip for me and a few friends to go to the Hoh Rainforest but just couldn't figure things out as far as schedules and rental car. As it is I think we are going to try and visit Rainer and maybe St. Helens.

Archived