• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
communications exceptions

LongRanger

When clicking to view a topic, the number of "communication exception" errors from the board has been increasing. The problem began in late December, and as of today more than half the topic views result in that error. This had also cropped up on Eastern last year, and was fixed, but I do not know what adjustment was made.

Nothing was changed and there have been no other complaints here or on the Invision support forum of such an error. A quick google search shows this appears to be an error with Java or Silverlight... neither of which are used on the board. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I don't think it's on the boards end.

• 2 weeks later...

Another report to help you track this down: no board errors today, first time in weeks. Unless you changed some setting, that suggests the problem is not due to heavy loads such as those happening today.

One possibility: the board is in storm mode now... maybe in that mode the bug is not encountered, or occurs less often.

the board error started cropping up again yesterday, and it's continuing today, perhaps 10% of the time

that the severity varies independent of the level of "interesting weather to discuss" makes me wonder if could be a form of intentional DOS attack on the site

OTOH, the same board error was happening at Eastern and some sort of board config/setting tweak fixed the problem

Archived