• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
WxChallenge 2010-11

Ok folks Boston is here!

What do you guys think about the chance for sea-breeze tomorrow? NWS mentions it, but I'm wondering if the 6-8 knot WNW wind might be enough to keep the seabreeze at bay (Pun intended devilsmiley.gif) until the late afternoon, after the high has been reached. I'm on the fence right now, but I'm thinking low 50's look good tomorrow.

Not sure of the sea breeze setting up too much for Boston, but it certainly is possible, in which case the temperature would be held down... At least that's my thinking with water temps near 40.

With the things I have looked at real quick I would have forecast low of 33 and a high of 49. The only reason I wouldn't go lower 50s is due to the little bit of cloud cover that looks to stream through the area. The low will be effected by the slightly stronger winds overnight so not going as low as some of the models. Also, I'm not sure where the airport is located (too lazy to look it up to be honest) but don't be surprised to see winds of about 13 to 17 knots (this looks to occur overnight as the high settles in over the region). No precip of course... so my official line would be 49 33 14 0.00....

I have a feeling the persistence forecast might do quite well with this set up... just a hunch.

Another thing is that since I got my job, I haven't done this in MONTHS... :( I used to be quite good at it... may I should just do it for the last city ;) Specially with this crazy system moving through Thursday/Friday.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2011-12 schedule is out. Going to forecast for Hawaii and Alaska.

http://wxchallenge.c...ge/schedule.php

Nice. This will be my first year doing this. I won my class competition for KRDU last year during second semester, but this is a whole new level of forecasting with different locations and all. I am looking forward to it! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived