• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Panic Room- TVA Style

mempho

Sun angle IS brutal. Chattanooga winter wonderland was gone by 2pm Saturday.

I want to say that I found the criticism of MRX inappropriate and uncharacteristic for this Region sub-forum. I did not want to say that in the Obs thread because it was such a beautiful day for some of us. Why ruin the mood?

Figured I'd wait a couple days. Funny though, where to put it. It's not Banter but it's out of place in the event thread. Panic Room was a thought. Since it came up...

I ask those without the degree to avoid unnecessary and near-personal bashing of the NWS or TV Mets. Might sound like a Met-snob, but this rare call-out is necessary.

Once again I really loved the snow. I thought 1/2 inch (ECMWF qpf not sun issue). Hoped for 1-2 inches (US models). Bama magic came through for Chatty! Four lovely inches of snow and a whole lot of fun for kids of all ages!!

It only takes 3 hours to make a season. The Super Bowl. Saturday snow in Chattanooga!

• Like 3

Yeah, @nrgjeff kind of wish I hadn't brought it up now. I think I was so used to seeing the MA folks troll each other over it, that when I saw it I couldn't resist poking the bear a little bit, so to speak. 

I will say in our defense though, there were a few attempts to try and figure out if they were talking about the general sun angle of the time of year, or if it was more of a "it'll melt quick when the sun comes out" approach.

Also, if any of y'all at MRX are reading this, apologies, and please continue the forecast discussions, I love reading them. Last year a met in the SE forum mentioned there was talk of discontinuing them. 

• Thanks 1

I didn't even remember who wrote what. That's funny though, lol!

Yes I hope they keep the AFDs public. Surely they will always do them for shift-change and coordination with offices. I mean if SPC is public, surely AFDs can be public.

I could just make a phone call; but, he thought of no AFDs has me... Back in the Panic Room!

• Haha 1