• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Light Data

Google failed me, maybe because the measure of light at any given minute is not something that is published anywhere ? I am just looking for some internet weather data source that provides a lumens number for the amount of light that the station (in my vicinity) measures in near real time or every 5-10 minutes. Obviously it will have a constant reading once the sun sets... any ideas before I have to build my own ?

Thanks

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ob2s said:

Google failed me, maybe because the measure of light at any given minute is not something that is published anywhere ? I am just looking for some internet weather data source that provides a lumens number for the amount of light that the station (in my vicinity) measures in near real time or every 5-10 minutes. Obviously it will have a constant reading once the sun sets... any ideas before I have to build my own ?

Thanks

Maybe weather stations on WU have that data?  My weather station provides a solar radiation reading in real time.  Also, maybe a solar company can help you out.  I have panels on my house and it records how many kWh produced, but only does a daily reading. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I found a regional hourly measure. It is a solar radiation measure. If it was every 10 mins it would be perfect for me as I am mapping that value to an angle value of a servo motor connected to a light dimmer. This dimmable 'daylight' spot light shines on the 'outside' of a faux window in a room in the basement. With a nearly transparent blind, the light in that window will match the outside light. If it isn't clear what I am doing, it isn't important. 

I can get the data in XML  

<station id="EGKO3" name="EAGLE CREEK" elev="740" lat="45.367942" lon="-122.330972" provider="RAWS">
<ob time="21 Jun 2:13 pm" utime="1561151580">
<variable var='T' description='Temp' unit='F' value='63'/>
<variable var='TD' description='Dewp' unit='F' value='46'/>
<variable var='RH' description='Relh' unit='%' value='54'/>
<variable var='DD' description='Direction' unit='deg' value='238'/>
<variable var='DDCARD' description='Wind Card' unit='direction' value='WSW'/>
<variable var='FF' description='Wind' unit='mph' value='5'/>
<variable var='FFGUST' description='Gust' unit='mph' value='9'/>
<variable var='FUELT' description='Fuel Temp' unit='F' value='68'/>
<variable var='FUELM' description='Fuel Moist' unit='%' value='11'/>
<variable var='SOLRAD' description='Solar Radiation' unit='watt/(m**2)' value='388'/>
<variable var='' description='Acc Precip' unit='inches' value='4.45'/>
<variable var='STAQUAL' description='Station Quality' unit='' value='OK'/>
</ob>
Thanks again.