• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mesoscale Meteorology Homework Question

weatherwiz

Just looking for pointers/tips/hints on how to go about solving this since I'm totally lost.  I wrote down some notes from the lecture and tried to sort of follow along with that which is how I obtained the work I've done in blue.  

The top sentence is cut-off but it just says "vertical momentum equation, which is" 

I feel like this isn't all that difficult to do it's just I don't know exactly how to get started.  Since the flow is SW I know I'll keep both the U and V terms but perhaps W isn't a very big factor and that term could be eliminated?  

meso.jpg.c14b8135d52c4276c6844bb461afc55c.jpg

Haha, no way. You'll have to learn how to derive these equations the old fashion way like we all did. You'll be tested on these. When you derive these equations you'll see how all the variables are related. Just get your calc book out and start from there! :- D    

2 hours ago, isohume said:

Haha, no way. You'll have to learn how to derive these equations the old fashion way like we all did. You'll be tested on these. When you derive these equations you'll see how all the variables are related. Just get your calc book out and start from there! :- D    

Perfect...that gives me the bases I need to begin attempting this.  Thanks. 

Archived