Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
George BM

April Obs/Disco Thread

299 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Meanwhile, it looks like we torch to end the week (and month). Outside outside shot at DCA verifying a low end heat wave? Thinking we get at least 1 day of 90. 

I'd put money on DCA hitting 90 by Sunday.  BWI hitting 90 this weekend wouldn't surprise me either.

52 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Meanwhile, it looks like we torch to end the week (and month). Outside outside shot at DCA verifying a low end heat wave? Thinking we get at least 1 day of 90. 

Keep that 90 stuff down there Wx. 90 in April will feel like 110 especially after highs 50-60 last few days 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

DCA will hit 93 degrees Sunday.

Quick look at nam looks mostly dry today...hope so ..so I can finally cut my foot high grass. This system ended up being much less qpf then models depicted even a couple days ago. 

Latest Hrrr does have an area between DC  and Baltimore getting near  .50" ..so there's that fwiw.

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Quick look at nam looks mostly dry today...hope so ..so I can finally cut my foot high grass. This system ended up being much less qpf then models depicted even a couple days ago. 

Latest Hrrr does have an area between DC  and Baltimore getting near  .50" ..so there's that fwiw.

Yeah. I've been waiting for the rain to start for the past 3 days. I've had 2 rain showers out of this rainy period. I hope this isn't the way this summer goes.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

lol

When me, Ian, and 1,000 chasers converge on the DDC area on May 24th, I'll be sure to get a wedge (that tears through a field!) selfie. 

Ian would be happy -- he had a great chase in the DDC area last year, late May too.

Are you going with Ian or by yourself and going to meet up with him? I know he is going with Ellinwood and wxmeddler. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

hi-res sems to be the way to go today.   NAM nest also shows a nice slug of rain during the midday hours.    But it should be done by early (or at worst, mid) afternoon.

Raleigh really got nailed by this one, over 6" at the airport and some Cocorahs reports over 8" in Wake Co.  Still raining there.  My daily report was 0.38". 

Good news in the long range is that after the warm weekend it seems a bit more seasonable. 

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Ian would be happy -- he had a great chase in the DDC area last year, late May too.

Are you going with Ian or by yourself and going to meet up with him? I know he is going with Ellinwood and wxmeddler. 

Nah, I'm going with a different group. It'd be funny if we did end up in the same location though at one point. 

14 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Yeah. I've been waiting for the rain to start for the past 3 days. I've had 2 rain showers out of this rainy period. I hope this isn't the way this summer goes.

Yeah, I've had almost nothing other than occasional drizzle / mist for this event.  3 days of rain, and the ground beneath our Sequoia remains dry, and my driveway is about 10 degrees inclined.  It's damp, which has been a blessing for the grass seed I put down, but we got no rain of significance.  A day in the 80s and every drop of moisture we got will be vaporized.

20 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nah, I'm going with a different group. It'd be funny if we did end up in the same location though at one point. 

I'm sure if you hit him up on twitter, he would be happy to meet up with you. Drop him, or Mark, or JT a line. 

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

MOS guidance now hammering days of northeast flow next week due to a backdoor cold front.  This spring sucks.

It seems impossible around here to get something in the middle - either its 80s and people are bitching or 50s and people are bitching.

2 people like this

47 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Warmest April on record sucks?

Was hoping we go right to torch.  Backdoor fronts in spring are bigly stinko.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Warmest April on record sucks?

Warmest on record?

Can't speak for DC, but we are at about +5 here.  No way that could be warmest on record.

If we're going to hit 90, it will have to be Saturday - Sunday looks like winds shift to a more easterly direction.    Saturday will have a chance, as the progged low-level winds look to be southwesterly.

3 hours ago, high risk said:

If we're going to hit 90, it will have to be Saturday - Sunday looks like winds shift to a more easterly direction.    Saturday will have a chance, as the progged low-level winds look to be southwesterly.

Latest Gfs agrees with your thoughts ..has a east wind on Sunday for Md with highs only in the low 60s. You have to go well south of DC into Va. to get 80+.