• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Brief trip on the top of mount Altissimo

Today I made a small trip on the top of mount Altissimo, to do a survey by the local alpine refuge (run by a friend) to place in the next few weeks 3 photocams and maybe a weather station too :)

The panorama from the top is pretty, with views of Gardalake, my town, the glaciers of Adamello&Presanella and the Po plain to south (today a bit dusty, but with some glimpses of the Appennine mountains to the far south); in the clearest day you can even see the Venice lagoon.

15mag1.jpg 15mag2.jpg 15mag3.jpg

15mag4.jpg 15mag6.jpg 15mag7bn.jpg

While I like the view of the second panorama best, there is something odd about it. It looks to me to have a lot of *artifacts* in it. I do not know if it from the conversion to a .jpg or in the stitching software but it looks splotchy to me. Over sharpened areas right next to blurry areas. Over clipped shadows randomly about the image, while other shadows right next to it are not even close to being clipped. Still a fantastic view from up there.

While I like the view of the second panorama best, there is something odd about it. It looks to me to have a lot of *artifacts* in it. I do not know if it from the conversion to a .jpg or in the stitching software but it looks splotchy to me. Over sharpened areas right next to blurry areas. Over clipped shadows randomly about the image, while other shadows right next to it are not even close to being clipped. Still a fantastic view from up there.

Uhm, I think to understand what you mean.

On my screen I don't see them, but I know that if you monitor is calibrated differently, they can appear, because sometimes I tend to over-sharp a little to much my photos.

Is that glacier open for skiing?

Looks like there is a lift.

Did some skiing end of May during a few different trips to Austria and Switzerland many years ago. 

On those glaciers in the background behind my town there a couple of resorts for summer ski :)

BTW they aren't really visibile in these photos.

You can see instead a couple of winter ski resorts, like my beloved Polsa-Val Valentino in the 1 photo or Malcesine-Monte Baldo in the last panoramic shot (on the left, you see one slope still with some snow).

Archived