• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tornado reports from this morning?

bluehens

Is there any site where I could see if there were any tornado reports from this morning in either northern Cecil County MD or southwestern Chester County?  At about 10:30 this morning I was on the eastern shore of MD across from Turkey Point and Elk Neck State park.  I was swimming with my kids watching a storm cell go up the western shore and then saw a very distinct funnel cloud.  My kids witnessed it along with a few other families down there.  By the time I noticed it it only lasted maybe another couple of minutes before it pulled back up into the base of the storm.  I went in to check radar and this was a very discreet cell.  I was probably 10 miles or so from the funnel but looking out across maybe 2 miles of open water with no trees to block my view.  I am 100% certain it was a tornado but can't find any reports.

There was a mention in the AFD but it doesn't look like anything made it into the LSR:

AS OF 330 PM: WE`VE RECEIVED SPOTTY REPORTS OF FLASH FLOODING AND
DAMAGING WIND. WE ARE INTERESTED IN MORE DETAILED REPORTS OF WHAT
MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED ON KENT ISLAND 1230-1PM...INCLUDING ANY REPORTS
FROM SOUTH STEVENSVILLE MD WHERE BWI TDWR HAD 44 KT AT ABOUT 1200
FT. DITTO ANY UNUSUAL REPORTS OF FLOODING OR DAMAGE FROM NEW
CASTLE...CECIL COUNTY AND BERKS COUNTIES AND LIKEWISE DAMAGE OR FF
REPORTS IN SW NJ. WE HAD A COUPLE OF MIDDAY REPORTS OF WATERSPOUTS
TODAY NEAR CHESAPEAKE BAY.

This wasn't a water spout.  Distinct rope tornado that was dark from being over land.  The area where it would have been is very rural in northern Cecil/southern Chester.  It was crazy to witness because usually the minor tornados in this area are rain wrapped and this one was not at all.  I have to believe somebody in those counties had some damage at least to farmland.

There was a mention in the AFD but it doesn't look like anything made it into the LSR:

That had to have been it.  I wish that person had kept filming though because when I saw it it was a fully formed solid rope straight vertical down to the ground.  But judging by his location and the direction he was filming it was the same direction I was looking from further down the Bay.  I wish I had my camera but I was 100 feet out in the water standing on a swim platform.

Came over land Im assuming in Northeast MD. Then proceeded up into Elton area I take. Attached video was posted on Justin Berk's Facebook page from yesterday morning of a guy out of Elkton.

Seems legit.

http://youtu.be/Da13xkuTLGU

• 2 weeks later...

Archived