• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBS: Snow/ice/rain for NW areas Tuesday 2/19/2013

famartin

Compared to my house near Spring Mountain, you live at the top of Mount Everest.  Despite the town being named "Spring Mount", everything but the top of the "mountain" itself if below 300' and never does well in these elevation events.

It gets even worse on this side of the river with "Mount" Holly or "Mount" Laurel.

Oh 40 something and rain.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked in Fogelsville until 2:15 then drove home to Seisholtzville.  In Fogelsville it had changed to rain sometime just before I got done working, there was only a slight coating on the grassy areas.  Driving home there was even less until I got 2/3 of the way up the hill.  It was on the roads some, a good solid coating....but it has changed to rain at 900' as well.  Perhaps it was an inch in grassy areas....got home too late to tell.  Eyeballing Topton Mountain from near Alburtis is looks like it has changed over up there too.  (1250')

Today was a good example of the power of dry air. Despite the airmass moderating, precipitation intensity teamed up with an initial dry airmass that cooled the column enough that resulted in all snow for some areas. Impressive, but certainly not all that surprising.

Archived