Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Open Forecast Contest - NationalForecaster.com

PMCNAM

Hi everybody,

My site is beginning its second season of forecasting starting Monday September 24th at 12z for anyone who is looking for a contest. The contest is the days high/low and amount of precipitation and the forecast city changes every 2 weeks. Membership to the site is free. After signing up you get a profile and can post on colleagues' walls and discuss current weather events in the forums. More functionality will be added along with "special event" forecasting by this winter. Let me know what you guys/gals think and I hope to see you in the contest!

http://www.nationalforecaster.com

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are interested in snowfall forecasting...

Seasonal Snowfall Forecast Contest 2012-2013

Welcome to the 1st annual seasonal snowfall forecast contest! Enter your season snowfall total forecasts for the 10 cities below. All cities have NWS offices and long-term climatology stations in or near the city. All forecasts should be submitted for those climatological reference stations not the nearest airport. If any snow has already fallen at the stations by the time you submit your forecast the amount will still be included in the season total.

Rules

Forecasts are in inches with no decimal places. The ranking system will be based on the average error of all the cities combined. Every inch away from verification will count as 0.5 error points. The top three forecasters will earn badges for their profiles. The effective end date for this forecast is May 31st. The winners will be announced on June 3rd. If snow falls after the end date it will not be counted in the forecast verification.

http://nationalforecaster.com/index.php?page=special/seasonal_snowfall

Archived