• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Southern California weather

The first Santa Anas start to appear in September and peak in October and November. Best period for storms is December through March may be into May if it's a wet rainy season. With a developing Niño it's possible that rains could occur earlier but that's not a given as not all Niños bring wet weather to SoCA.

The first Santa Anas start to appear in September and peak in October and November. Best period for storms is December through March may be into May if it's a wet rainy season. With a developing Niño it's possible that rains could occur earlier but that's not a given as not all Niños bring wet weather to SoCA.

What type of el nino's bring a rainy season in SoCa

Almost but not quite. Winter storms can bring some excitement-even an occasional tornado-the problem being that Winter storms are not always frequent. Worst yet is the fog and the June gloom.

Steve

Steve,

Do you have any case studies on some classic storms to affect this area in the south west cali? Maps, etc.

I'm very curious of the climate here.

I don't personally because my interest is in AZ weather. However, to see what SoCA weather is capable of check the storm of January 19--23, 2010 out. Storms of the 1982-83 winter bear checking out as well. Also check out the 1997-98 winter storms.

Steve

Actually, research during past studies of the monsoon has shown that there is a fairly strong tendency for nocturnal T-storm in western AZ and SE CA related to a nocturnal LLJ that forms there. Another place that experiences nocturnal activity is in Cochise, Santa Cruz and SE Pima Counties in AZ where the heartof the monsoon is found.

Steve

Archived