• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Conference II- less than 2wks!

#NoPoles

i can't believe the Conference is only 7wks away!!!! if there are people still on the fence about going, please please please come to the Conference and meet new friends and catch up with old friends and have a great time nerding out and eating and drinking and chatting...it really is worth it!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap, it's only 5 wks away!!! I Will be in B-More by 2pm on Thurs 5wks from now!!! Very much looking forward to seeing so many people...we have so many friends in this community spread out over a great distance, Conference is really the only way to get to see our far-away friends...I still think once a year is not nearly enough! 365 days is way too long to have to wait to only get to spend 3 days with friends...but it's all I've got so I'll take it and make the best of it...and then start missing everyone for another 365 days!

I'm super excited too, Diane. 4 weeks and counting before I depart for BWI. It appears wxjunkie and I will be the long distance travelers this year since Josh will be flying in from the EC. I had a great afternoon nerding with my buddy yesterday afternoon at a pool party, which is a pilot for the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (Hurricane Hunters). He was the pilot that flew the mission that upgraded Irene last year to a CAT 3 near the Bahamas and again just prior to landfall in NC while it was going through eyewall replacement cycles. His duty tour will be in August again this year. The same type of interaction happens at Conference with our featured speakers. Hopefully in the future more of the Central/Western group can make plans on attending. You will not be disappointed!

I'm super excited too, Diane. 4 weeks and counting before I depart for BWI. It appears wxjunkie and I will be the long distance travelers this year since Josh will be flying in from the EC. I had a great afternoon nerding with my buddy yesterday afternoon at a pool party, which is a pilot for the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (Hurricane Hunters). He was the pilot that flew the mission that upgraded Irene last year to a CAT 3 near the Bahamas and again just prior to landfall in NC while it was going through eyewall replacement cycles. His duty tour will be in August again this year. The same type of interaction happens at Conference with our featured speakers. Hopefully in the future more of the Central/Western group can make plans on attending. You will not be disappointed!

I'm so excited to see you in about 4wks...I'm jealous of your weather nerd friends :):wub:

(will you adopt me?)

I'm so excited to see you in about 4wks...I'm jealous of your weather nerd friends :):wub:

(will you adopt me?)

I certainly will. You'd love Neil Frank, Gene Norman and you already met Bill Read last year @ Conference I. :) Can't wait to see you and Turtle along with all the other fine group in our weather community attending this year. :wub:

I certainly will. You'd love Neil Frank, Gene Norman and you already met Bill Read last year @ Conference I. :) Can't wait to see you and Turtle along with all the other fine group in our weather community attending this year. :wub:

Talking about Conference is killing me...I don't think I can wait another 4.5wks...I haven't been this excited since I was a kid at Christmas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Srain, safe flight! there are no words to describe how excited I am to see you...a year is too damn long my friend! why must you live so far away? look forward to giving you the biggest hug on Thursday around 2pm! :wub:

safe travels, my friend...my heart is excited!!!

Srain, safe flight! there are no words to describe how excited I am to see you...a year is too damn long my friend! why must you live so far away? look forward to giving you the biggest hug on Thursday around 2pm! :wub:

safe travels, my friend...my heart is excited!!!

I'm excited too, Diane. In less than 36 hours I'll be in the air heading E toward BWI barring a ground stop tomorrow with all the rain and storms in our forecast. I'll see you Thursday afternoon! :wub:

We had a great Conference. It was a pleasure to meet wxjunkie and if/when we do this in the future, hopefully more from our region can join us.

Jack Beven, Wes Junker, myself, Paul Kocin and Stormtracker

post-32-0-63584900-1342404845_thumb.jpg

Archived