• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Making a Weather App for iPhone

NoVaWx

I'm looking to make an iPhone app for weather, but it seems like everything is out there already.

If you have any ideas for what you would want in an app, I would see if I could implement it.

This could be something very simple or complicated, I could work on most anything that's realistically possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Satellite data. I have yet to find an app that has good visible satellite imagery. Most apps out there have grainy or over-smoothed satellite data, which is often useless to me. I have yet to find something to fit my needs.

To add to that, the MODIS imagery would be awesome.

I'm looking to make an iPhone app for weather, but it seems like everything is out there already.

If you have any ideas for what you would want in an app, I would see if I could implement it.

This could be something very simple or complicated, I could work on most anything that's realistically possible.

When it comes to mobile apps, at least for me I'm looking for something that I can start and get what I'm looking for in 30 seconds or less. Generally for me that means a simple radar program (Rainy Days for Android). Bookmarked desktop version of my NWS point and click (webpage). And weather.us euro output for my home location (webpage).

I donno if my habits are normal or helpful for your app, but that's my $.02

When I want more information I use a laptop.

• 1 month later...

Do I get a consultation fee?

Seriously though....weather is a piss poor market. Already a ton of apps. The lack of Apps isn't an issue, and as I learned, with an iPad, the web browser is awesome enough that I have internet.

Somehow find a way around the flash issue in iOS devices...now that would be a winner in the weather crowd. Animated maps that depend on flash hurt us.

Archived