• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New Website I Created for S.Ontario

YHM Supercell

As many of you probably know, EC does not make up graphics for things like convective outlooks and they do not have very good warning maps and such. What i've decided to do is create a site and use my knowledge in weather(along with a couple of other people) to create some products that weather enthusiasts from southern Ontario do not have available to them. Here is the link

http://www.soweatherservice.com/index.html

Any feedback would be great.

Dave,

As many of you probably know, EC does not make up graphics for things like convective outlooks and they do not have very good warning maps and such. What i've decided to do is create a site and use my knowledge in weather(along with a couple of other people) to create some products that weather enthusiasts from southern Ontario do not have available to them. Here is the link

http://www.soweather....com/index.html

Any feedback would be great.

Dave,

It's interesting. I like the idea of colour coded maps for the warnings. Are they automated or do you update them manually? You should think about mapping snowfall totals when EC issues their general weather statements. That'd be useful I think.

Not a huge fan of you calling it a "weather service" and referring to "forecast offices". I think it unnecessarily obfuscates that it's a website run by a private individual.

It's interesting. I like the idea of colour coded maps for the warnings. Are they automated or do you update them manually? You should think about mapping snowfall totals when EC issues their general weather statements. That'd be useful I think.

Not a huge fan of you calling it a "weather service" and referring to "forecast offices". I think it unnecessarily obfuscates that it's a website run by a private individual.

I love the way you guys spell color.

Thanks for the ideas SSC. I took your advice and created a Graphical Forecasts section. This will be used for snowfall storm totals. 1 hour convective trends with radar overlay and much more like that.

http://www.soweatherservice.com/graphicalforecasts.html

Archived