• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 21, 1953 SEMI/SWON Tornado Outbreak

on_wx

I'm not too sure of the SEMI side of the outbreak, but I know an F4 tornado tracked through Port Huron MI and demolished downtown Sarnia ON.

With information from Environment Canada, I plotted the tornadoes in GRL2Analyst and came up with this image(the numbers mean Fujita rating)

post-277-0-21252100-1314947208.jpg

What on earth happened that day? My grandfather was in Sarnia at the time and witnessed the F4 go through the city. Sometime later my grandmother witnessed an F4 tornado devastate her town of Arkona which is the third F4 in NE Lambton County ESE of the F2.

Looks like it must have been a family of violent tornadoes. Does anyone have any information on this day?

I'm not too sure of the SEMI side of the outbreak, but I know an F4 tornado tracked through Port Huron MI and demolished downtown Sarnia ON.

With information from Environment Canada, I plotted the tornadoes in GRL2Analyst and came up with this image(the numbers mean Fujita rating)

post-277-0-21252100-1314947208.jpg

What on earth happened that day? My grandfather was in Sarnia at the time and witnessed the F4 go through the city. Sometime later my grandmother witnessed an F4 tornado devastate her town of Arkona which is the third F4 in NE Lambton County ESE of the F2.

Looks like it must have been a family of violent tornadoes. Does anyone have any information on this day?

One of the forgotten outbreaks of 1953, due to the outbreak that would occur 2 weeks later.

Archived