• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Where do you think Irene will make landfall?

snowlurker

Where do you think Irene will make landfall  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Not counting Outer Banks, where do you think Irene will make landfall?

• Southern Jersey
    • NYC/Long Island
    • Rhode Island
    • Massachussets
    • Canada or fish

I think what we are currently seeing (westward shift in general and certain model tracks into mainland NC, Delaware, Southern Jersey) is the product of the models' inability to see the behavior of a shortwave over the Pacific. Or, it is a typical perturbation in an output of multiple model cycles. I think inevitably it will hook NE sooner and sharper than what some of the west-leaning models are currently depicting.

So long story short: I think it will make a moderate brush of Outer Banks and eventually make landfall at the extreme Eastern end of Long Island.

I think what we are currently seeing (westward shift in general and certain model tracks into mainland NC, Delaware, Southern Jersey) is the product of the models' inability to see the behavior of a shortwave over the Pacific. Or, it is a typical perturbation in an output of multiple model cycles. I think inevitably it will hook NE sooner and sharper than what some of the west-leaning models are currently depicting.

So long story short: I think it will make a moderate brush of Outer Banks and eventually make landfall at the extreme Eastern end of Long Island.

I think it is a product of finally seeing the shortwave over the Pacific. It was partially sampled at 12z and will be fully sampled at 0z.

I think it is a product of finally seeing the shortwave over the Pacific. It was partially sampled at 12z and will be fully sampled at 0z.

That's very good news - I was under the impression that it wouldn't be sampled until Friday. Better to blow the dropsonde wad now than to wait too long to have an effective evacuation plan...

That's very good news - I was under the impression that it wouldn't be sampled until Friday. Better to blow the dropsonde wad now than to wait too long to have an effective evacuation plan...

There is another s/w (an upstream kicker) that needs to be sampled yet that won't happen until Friday. This trend was due to sampling the phasing shortwave.

Archived