• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New York City weather book

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen or owns the book

New York City weather: a chronicle of events by Roger Brickner (2006)

It's not for sale anywhere and it's only in 1 library according to Worldcat

I tried to get it through interlibrary loan but was unsuccesful.

I just wanted to know what all is in it.

It's also herehttp://climate.rutgers.edu/stateclim/?section=menu&%20target=weather_pubs

thanks

I have it. It consists of two books each around 280 pages. The first book covers 1609-1929 and the second 1930-2005. They describe significant events in chronological order with details such as temps, amounts etc. They also have charts with monthly stats for temps and precip. The books are black and white with no pictures.

I have it. It consists of two books each around 280 pages. The first book covers 1609-1929 and the second 1930-2005. They describe significant events in chronological order with details such as temps, amounts etc. They also have charts with monthly stats for temps and precip. The books are black and white with no pictures.

Wow, 1609 huh? If you could quickly summarize some of the things I've wondered about-- what does it have as NYC's coldest temp ever? -16 from the days of the Revolutionary War? Also, does it have any big snowstorms in our area that dropped in excess of 3 feet or snowfall seasons with more than 90" of snow for NYC? The hottest temp-- anything you can find that beats 106 from 1936 or 107 from 1966 (LGA).... max length of snowcover.... November thru March? Earliest snowfall-- October Latest-- May? (Im talking about accumulating.)

Archived