• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How will 12/2010 rank?

Nikolai

Other than the fact that its the 18z GFS, I like what I see in the day 7-8 time frame with the -NAO coming back after collapsing partially and a nice 50/50 low setting up with energy diving into the northern plains....its actually in agreement with the Euro at this timeframe which is always a good thing

After the latest modeling, I don't think there's any chance this month comes in warmer than -3 or -4. We're currently at -2.2 (through yesterday; KNYC), and will soon be -5 and lower.

Barring a very dramatic shift in temperatures, the anomalies up to the end of the current period--roughly the 15th--should be solid enough to give us a well-below normal month, and the signal remains for a cold second half of December as well.

After the latest modeling, I don't think there's any chance this month comes in warmer than -3 or -4. We're currently at -2.2 (through yesterday; KNYC), and will soon be -5 and lower.

Barring a very dramatic shift in temperatures, the anomalies up to the end of the current period--roughly the 15th--should be solid enough to give us a well-below normal month, and the signal remains for a cold second half of December as well.

Agreed...ECM has our 850s at like -15C Wednesday, -17C Thursday and then almost -20C by early next week after the big system. Very impressive cold.

High of 32.7F here in Southern Westchester today. Well below average for early December.

What is interesting wrt to temp anomalies is that even if it were to rain this wknd with this upcoming storm, there will be negligible positive departures because highs will only be in the mid 40's with rain. Then we go right back into cold that doesn't appear to let up, and among signals we are not seeing is anything more than a transient breakdown in the -NAO which keeps us at least seasonably cool, if not unseasonably cool like it is this week and will be next week with 850's approaching -20 and highs probably staying in the 20's.

Archived