• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Maximum Worldwide Temp Extremes

Siri Island, Iran, an oil port on the Arabian Gulf, has frequent summer minima in the 90s, though I don't think they've had 100+ as their maxima rarely get far into triples. Their claim to fame is dewpoint, which is often 85-90F, sometimes with "blowing sand" as the obs. Blecchhh!

Qatar (which I traveled through on my way to/from Iraq) can have something similar with 100F+ temps and 80-90F dewpoints if they get a good wind direction off the water. There was fog a couple mornings when I was there.

Qatar (which I traveled through on my way to/from Iraq) can have something similar with 100F+ temps and 80-90F dewpoints if they get a good wind direction off the water. There was fog a couple mornings when I was there.

I don't think I've ever seen fog with temps above 80. That would just be weird.

Wow-- you should see some of the massive temp swings they have in Rapid City, SD, even in just a few minutes..... temp plummets dozens of degrees and then rises dozens of degrees-- all within a couple hours or less.

I read that car windshields were cracking as people drove from the warm air into the cold air, it just happened so quickly.

Here's a link for daily extremes: http://www.daculaweather.com/world_extremes.php?extremes=World

Archived