• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St Louis Radar Spokes

Anyone know what's causing the persistent spokes to appear on the LSX (St Louis) radar? They are appearing at 310 and 68 degrees with a weaker spoke at 335 degrees.Can't recall when they first appeared but it seems like they've been there for a while.

post-5862-0-77921300-1307126879.png

• 2 weeks later...

Response from their office:

nwschat.weather.gov/NWS St Louis 5: Hi Beau. Sure, the spikes are being caused by 4G wireless internet cell towers that are slightly out of calibration. We're not the only radar that has these spikes...though last time I looked we might be the worst. Technicians from the Radar Operations Center are working on filters for us and the other affected sites. Hopefully we'll have this problem solved in the next 60-90 days. --Jon

hmm, then Jax has had a 4G problem since last fall. good to know

Response from their office:

nwschat.weather.gov/NWS St Louis 5: Hi Beau. Sure, the spikes are being caused by 4G wireless internet cell towers that are slightly out of calibration. We're not the only radar that has these spikes...though last time I looked we might be the worst. Technicians from the Radar Operations Center are working on filters for us and the other affected sites. Hopefully we'll have this problem solved in the next 60-90 days. --Jon

Makes sense. When I was in StL last weekend there was very widespead 4G coverage by Verizon.

Archived