• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Predict the warmest high between 5/29 & 6/3

phlwx

I didn't think the seabreeze would make it as far as it did, so I busted way high on ACY. I'm used to those late-summer heat waves, not June where the ocean is still in the 50s.

It helps to have the Airport 10 miles inland. They usually can torch pretty well until 1-2 PM in the right setup and then the seabreeze kicks in to an extent after that.

It helps to have the Airport 10 miles inland. They usually can torch pretty well until 1-2 PM in the right setup and then the seabreeze kicks in to an extent after that.

Good point, but it almost makes me wish that ACY airport wasn't the Atlantic City reporting site. Same goes for alot of places, like Philly and PHL airport.

I know for Philly, I always use the Philly pier high temperature given in the daily reports on the NWS site, its always a little higher than PHL airport.

Grothar

PHL: -4

ACY: 0

MPO: +2

PTW: -3

Total error: 9

Parsley

PHL: -4

ACY: +1

MPO: -1

PTW: -2

Total error: 8

Thunder Road

PHL -2

ACY +4

MPO -3

PTW +1

Total error: 10

iceman56

PHL +5

ACY -1

MPO +1

PTW +7

Total error: 14

SD

PHL +2

ACY +2

MPO +3

PTW +6

Total error: 13

chubbs

PHL +1

ACY +1

MPO +2

PTW +4

JCT777

PHL +2

ACY 0

MPO +2

PTW +3

Total error: 7

mattinpa

PHL +3

ACY 0

MPO +1

PTW +4

phlwx

PHL +3

ACY -1

MPO 0

PTW +2

Total error: 6

OHSnow

PHL +1

ACY -6

MPO -3

PTW +3

Total error: 13

The contest starter wins on the max values, at least.

Thanks Ray. A suggestion for determining a winner in the future are those who predicted early and stuck with their initial forecast.. Points should be determined by how early they gave their forecast. thanks

Good point, but it almost makes me wish that ACY airport wasn't the Atlantic City reporting site. Same goes for alot of places, like Philly and PHL airport.

I know for Philly, I always use the Philly pier high temperature given in the daily reports on the NWS site, its always a little higher than PHL airport.

There is a climate site in downtown ACY, its listed on the Mt. Holly RTP products:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/PHI/RTPPHI

Archived