• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Discovery Channel airing tornado outbreak from April right now

lsross

Watched it last night around 2 AM. The episode clearly showed that no matter what warnings are issued, some people will ignore them. The one guy admitted he watched the Tuscaloosa tornado for 2 hours on 2 different TV's and never bothered to take shelter because he didn't think it could happen to him. He ended up filming the inside of the same tornado he was watching on TV. He's lucky to be alive.

][/b]Watched it last night around 2 AM. The episode clearly showed that no matter what warnings are issued, some people will ignore them. The one guy admitted he watched the Tuscaloosa tornado for 2 hours on 2 different TV's and never bothered to take shelter because he didn't think it could happen to him. He ended up filming the inside of the same tornado he was watching on TV. He's lucky to be alive.

Yes, you are right, as this video will attest. This couple said they had 20 minutes warning and still they did not take it seriously!

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2011/0523/media-2963760.html#

Yea people are going to choose to be ignorant. "The weatherman is never right!" It sucks that warnings can be issued and still ignored.

I hope this year makes people take the warnings more seriously. Unless you are a total moron, how could you not?

This year has just been unbelievable and it's far from over. I can't believe how these tornadoes keep hitting major population areas. The visuals of the destruction and the death tolls have been sickening and heartbreaking. I keep thinking to myself, "and they wanted to cut funding to the NWS?" Sounds like a great plan in light of all this destruction doesn't it? :axe:

I hope this year makes people take the warnings more seriously. Unless you are a total moron, how could you not?

This year has just been unbelievable and it's far from over. I can't believe how these tornadoes keep hitting major population areas. The visuals of the destruction and the death tolls have been sickening and heartbreaking. I keep thinking to myself, "and they wanted to cut funding to the NWS?" Sounds like a great plan in light of all this destruction doesn't it? :axe:

We'll soon find out today in OK and KS. If anyone knows how to deal w/ tornadoes, it's those guys.

Archived