Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Something fresh to talk about may even include snow in the elevations

Typhoon Tip

Awesome news, Powderfreak.

I just wish some of the Northeast mountains had a couple thousand more feet of elevation; Mt. Washington would probably have glaciers and at least a perennial snowcap if it reached another to 1500' with the summit around 8k. Given our incredibly moist climate and the various types of storms resulting in snowfall during different parts of the year, it's a shame we don't have any peaks in the 8,000-10,000 foot range. I would personally love to build an elevated "sky-park" near my house...basically a 1000' tower with a platform at the top planted with trees, flowers, perhaps a small pond or brook....see how much snow accumulates up there compared to downtown at low elevation. This is my weenie dream.

21 weenies is not enough

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the reasons our climate plays out as is can be attributed to geography. Having "Western style' mtns would yield a different climate, probably much drier on the cp.

feathafella-

I'm guessing "cp" means coastal plain. If so then I think that having an even higher mt barrier in place of the New England highlands of VT/NH/W. ME of today would make the cp far wetter.

Moisture transport during any sort of easterly flow would be enhanced because of greater upsloping.

NW flows would be impeded more for the cp and downslope in such winds would make for drier wx but then that's not much different from the existing NW'ly regime.

And think of the upslope for the N. Greens/Whites!

As a further thought, wound up lows with lovely commas over interior S/C New England would still occur, I think.

A side note-

A quote from Mr. Monsoon Drip's post on pg. 9 of this thread:

"I tried searching the web for Vim Toot and other than anagrams for Atomic Vomit - stupid - all I kept getting were other forums where posters were asking, 'what ever happened to that mica vim toot that used to troll the boards'..

hahahahaha "

Mr. Monsoon Drip- you sure do search Micavimtoot/atomicvomit a lot. Thankyou for your interest.

Vim Toot!

Archived