• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Forecast Contest, Temperatures

Maybe a few tenths of a degree will be added to the cumulative departure, but 70/50 is about normal weather for now.

NYC has already added .8C to their departure since I made my comment about the warming. It's only the 8th of the month, so one +4 day raises them .5 degrees. The past 2 days were +3 and +4 and today looks to be +3 or so.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYC has already added .8C to their departure since I made my comment about the warming. It's only the 8th of the month, so one +4 day raises them .5 degrees. The past 2 days were +3 and +4 and today looks to be +3 or so.

I wouldn't say .8C is a lot, especially when you consider that it hasn't been averaged against all 30 days yet. Overall, they're still going to be just slightly above normal by Friday.

Also, last night was supposed to be the warmest night of the week here with the cloud cover; Central Park only got down to 54F. It's supposed to be 50-52F for lows in the City the rest of the week.

Of course, I always have to remind myself that these clear, windless nights don't get nearly as cold as Central Park as here....Westchester is supposed to be like 45-47F the next three nights while NYC doesn't see any 40s at all. NWS has 52F for the low there Tuesday and Wednesday. It's really hard for Central Park to get negative departures at night when it is radiational cooling conditions...they do much colder on CAA situations relative to their averages, it seems.

Archived