• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
How to go about becoming a meteorologist and more...

I'm a 29 y/o guy who recently decided I'm going back to school. I've already been accepted to a school around here in Atlanta. My plan is to go to school for two years here, getting my core classes done. After then I have looked at a few other schools for my meteorology degree. SUNY : Oswego, NC State, UNC at Asheville, and Millersville. Are there any suggestions any of you guys can give me that will be helpful in my journey to get a degree? There are quite a few mets on this board and I figured it could not hurt to ask for advise from any willing people. Thanks in advance!

I'm a 29 y/o guy who recently decided I'm going back to school. I've already been accepted to a school around here in Atlanta. My plan is to go to school for two years here, getting my core classes done. After then I have looked at a few other schools for my meteorology degree. SUNY : Oswego, NC State, UNC at Asheville, and Millersville. Are there any suggestions any of you guys can give me that will be helpful in my journey to get a degree? There are quite a few mets on this board and I figured it could not hurt to ask for advise from any willing people. Thanks in advance!

http://www.weatherknowledge.com/become.html

It's the same as any other highly competitive field.

Study hard and set yourself apart in school early on. Be prepared to start as a sophomore at the university level even if you already have 2+ years of supporting courses at junior college. Seek out and compete for any internship that is available during your last two years in school, especially those involving operational meteorology. If this is not doable...then seek out research projects with your professors.

Basically, your resume needs to be competitive in all aspects before you graduate. It needs to show your varied aptitude...but more importantly it needs to show your motivation.

Archived