Toothache
Immediate Panic Needed - Hockey Stick Revisited in Brand New Context

JBG

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need an IPCC-type investigation of daylight length change

• Yes, anyone not concerned is a daylight denier
    • No, immediate and drastic action is needed, even if unplanned
    • No, there are better things to spend money on
    • Other options (please explain in response)

The pace of climate change has often been described as a hockey stick (link) with dire consequences. Here's another such circumstance. According to figures from Weather Underground, White Plains (link), which also has daylight statistics, we are losing daylight at an accelerating pitch.

For example, on June 21, 2010 we had the length the day was 15 hours 8 minutes. Ten (10) days later, on July 1, 2010 we had 14 hours, 56 minutes, a drop of 12 minutes. Not too serious.

Alarmingly, between October 10, 2010 and October 20, 2010 we dropped from 11 hours 21 minutes to 10 hours 54 minutes, a loss of 27 minutes.

This means to me that we are on an accelerating course to 100% darkness which, if unchecked, will clog New York Harbor with ice. Musk ox will shortly be pawing the ground in Central Park.

We need drastic action to avoid oblivion!!!

The pace of climate change has often been described as a hockey stick (link) with dire consequences. Here's another such circumstance. According to figures from Weather Underground, White Plains (link), which also has daylight statistics, we are losing daylight at an accelerating pitch.

For example, on June 21, 2010 we had the length the day was 15 hours 8 minutes. Ten (10) days later, on July 1, 2010 we had 14 hours, 56 minutes, a drop of 12 minutes. Not too serious.

Alarmingly, between October 10, 2010 and October 20, 2010 we dropped from 11 hours 21 minutes to 10 hours 54 minutes, a loss of 27 minutes.

This means to me that we are on an accelerating course to 100% darkness which, if unchecked, will clog New York Harbor with ice. Musk ox will shortly be pawing the ground in Central Park.

We need drastic action to avoid oblivion!!!

I say we wait until after December 21st.:sun:

Steve

Definitely-somehow I have this strong notion that things will turn around after December 21st :whistle:

Steve

This development, quoted from another thread, shows the need for even more panic.

Broke the record for the coldest week in the last week of November, beating some of the last weeks of November from the Little Ice Age...and indeed beat it by quite some way as well!

Super impressive pattern for the time of year, and VERY cold throughout most of Europe. Some place sin the SE of England not that far from a foot...further north in Scotland they quite widely have a foot and some have had a LOT more then that, 3-4ft now.

I think we need a panicky restriction on all industrial and transportation activity to combat global cooling. And a new U.N. study body.

Archived