• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Georgia Weather Site Going Under

MotoWeatherman

Total bummer that the Georgia Automated Environmental Monitoring Network is being shut down. I used it all the time.

http://www.griffin.uga.edu/aemn/

WARNING: The AEMN and this website will be shut down on 1 July 2011 due to a shortfall in funding. Starting on 15 April 2011 we will begin the process of decommissioning weather stations. Once a weather station is decommissioned, current data will no longer be available.

Total bummer that the Georgia Automated Environmental Monitoring Network is being shut down. I used it all the time.

http://www.griffin.uga.edu/aemn/

WARNING: The AEMN and this website will be shut down on 1 July 2011 due to a shortfall in funding. Starting on 15 April 2011 we will begin the process of decommissioning weather stations. Once a weather station is decommissioned, current data will no longer be available.

This is sad news, use the site quite a bit.

It is ridiculous to do that. They need to drop a few football scholarships or add a buck to the ticket price if UGA can't find the money, they seem to have the bucks for all sorts of other things down there in Athens, they need to give some love to Griffin. They just built a new road into the experimental grass plots, that they keep blocked off, and just use the old road, and a huge tool shed building down by the far end of the plots, so they found money for that. T

That really sucks for you guys. Florida has something similar called FAWN that I use all the time. I agree with the above poster that mentioned giving out one less scholarship might help. I would think the farming community up there might also pitch in to possibly help. Hopefully they will keep the sites in place with the hope that future funding might be available. Or, if they are dismantling all the stations it might be a good time to call them and make an offer on one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived