• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
American Weather Conference

Thunder Road

What's the dynamic like? It seems like a board clique affair from my limited perspective. I could care less about that aspect, but is the quality of the presentations worth the price of admission/travel? Like TR mentioned, taking the train down would probably be a good way to go.

Also would like to see us organize some kind of GTG at some point if there's interest. I wanted to get together with the group that went to Mt Holly open house in the fall, but the date didn't work out for me.

What's the dynamic like? It seems like a board clique affair from my limited perspective. I could care less about that aspect, but is the quality of the presentations worth the price of admission/travel? Like TR mentioned, taking the train down would probably be a good way to go.

Also would like to see us organize some kind of GTG at some point if there's interest. I wanted to get together with the group that went to Mt Holly open house in the fall, but the date didn't work out for me.

Have gone to a couple of them and the presentations are well worth the time and money. I really don't fit with in alot of the cliques that go which is why I usually cut out before dinner.

I'll drive down since it's less than 2 hours. Maybe we could arrange some car pools as it gets closer to the date.

Your right at least I showed up. Lol but seriously we need our regional subforum get together like NYC subforum is

You showed up there, but never went to Conference IV, V, nor VI- I will give you a slide on DC though as you were chatting on AIM with Tom(Coldfront7777777) and myself during the Friday night GTG. :lol:

Have gone to a couple of them and the presentations are well worth the time and money. I really don't fit with in alot of the cliques that go which is why I usually cut out before dinner.

I'll drive down since it's less than 2 hours. Maybe we could arrange some car pools as it gets closer to the date.

If you have a passion for weather this is the place to meet with your fellow weenies and see some great presentations from well-respected mets/forecasters in the field. Also it's fun to see a person face-to-face instead of just talking to them on the boards. I wouldn't worry about the "cliques"-yes, there are at times bigger groups, but don't be intimidated at all and you can just join in on the fun! :thumbsup:

Archived