• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
4-6 inches of Partly Sunny

An at times blinding snowstorm occurred yesterday (Feb 5th), surprising all as the forecast up until 8 hours before the first flake fell was partly sunny, then NWS offices had to play catchup fast, catching everyone off guard. What was forecast to be a light snowfall in southern IN/OH got much stronger and moved way NW. Had "only" 4.1" imby, but 4.8" fell at DTW with a swath of 5-6" just NW of DTW. Snow depth at the end of the storm was 15-16", the best seen locally since January 1999. Water content in the snowpack is nearly 2". Snowbanks and mounds are even more impressive than the snowdepth, a product of having numerous snowstorms rather than 1 or 2 big ones.

2649-800.jpg

2650-800.jpg

2651-800.jpg

2652-800.jpg

2653-800.jpg

2654-800.jpg

Congrats. :thumbsup:

24 hours out we were progged to get 3-6", as it got closer it became more clear we wouldn't get anywhere near that. We got freezing rain then plain rain. Snowpack down from 32" to about 2' with upper 30s/low 40s today and mid-30s tommorow.

Might not be long until your snowpack exceeds mine.

I think your loss was our gain. Honestly i hadnt been paying any attention to the weather for Saturday as I thought nothing of interest was even close by. Then boom, caught everyone off guard. I went in a field to do some snow depth measurments, because with all the drifts, snowbanks and remnants from snowblowing in residential areas the sample size for an average of pure snow depth is getting smaller and smaller lol. Low spots are 10", high spots 30", most spots between 13-17", so calling snow depth 15".

Archived